Director - Fair Share
Caddo Parish Public Schools
1961 Midway Avenue
Shreveport, Louisiana 71108
Caddo Parish Public School Departments and Schools:
- Caddo Parish School Board (CPSB) adopted Opportunity Caddo Plan, February 17, 2004.
- Opportunity Caddo is a program designed to enhance economic development through the growth and development of small and economically disadvantaged businesses, which ultimately will provide for a better educational system.
- Every opportunity is to be made to include small and economically disadvantaged businesses in the procurement of all products and services.
- Each department and school to take measures to ensure that optimum purchasing opportunities are available.
- CPSB is eliminating barriers which may have an adverse impact upon small and economically disadvantaged businesses.
- CPSB to assist in the development of small and economically disadvantaged businesses to be able to compete in the market place outside of this program.
Small and Economically Disadvantaged Businesses:
- Aspirational goal of 25% utilization of small and economically disadvantaged businesses
- Small and economically disadvantaged businesses will be kept informed of upcoming CPSB product and service needs.
- Small and economically disadvantaged businesses will be listed in a business directory after certification.
Some of the many products and services purchased by CPSB:
- CPSB procures numerous products and services from A to Z. Some of the many needs of the CPSB include trophies and awards, catering, construction, equipment, flowers, offices, photography, signs, printing, graphics, t-shirts, and many others.
- CPSB annual budget is over $300 million.
- Approximately $40 million available annually for the purchase of various products and services
- Approximately 66 schools and 20 central office departments make purchases annually