Bullying & Caddo Parish Public Schools
No forms of bullying shall be permitted or condoned by the Caddo Parish School Board. All students, teachers, and other school employees shall take reasonable measures within the scope of their individual authority to prevent violations of this policy.
Physical Bullying Examples:
- Causing Physical Injuries
- School Pranks
- Teasing and Abusing
Emotional or Indirect Bullying Examples:
- Spreading Rumors
- Instigating or participating in Keeping certain people out of the "group" (exclusion)
- Instigating or participating in"Ganging Up" on someone
- Ignoring people on purpose - "the silent treatment"
- Whispering to another in front of someone -whispering campaign
- Keeping secrets away from a so-called friend
Verbal Bullying Examples:
- Teasing people in a mean way, or cussing someone
- Name Calling
- Mean comments (about clothing, looks, body, anything else)
Cyber Bullying Examples:
- Mean spirited e-mail
- Inappropriate or mean spirited posts to blogs or other websites
- Using someone else's name to spread rumors or lies
- Mean spirited cell phone communications (text, picture, video, calls)
Recognizing A Pattern:
Bullying is a form of abuse. It is comprised of repeated acts over time that involves a real or perceived imbalance of power with the more powerful individual or group abusing those who are less powerful. The power imbalance may be social power and/or physical power. Forms of bullying include but or not limited to physical, emotional, verbal, electronic (cyber), and sexual.